Monday, June 10, 2013

Swollen Ankle And Energizers Medium Support Hosiery

Since Monday, June 3, my ankle has been swollen. I did not realize it at the time. I thought that it was a matter of my ankle feeling sore from squatting. On Monday, I was acting in a movie for my first film acting credit, and I was asked to squat a lot.

Only on Saturday, did I realize that my ankle was swelling, since it seemed to feel bigger, and since it seemed to not move as easily. I wanted to use hot or cold things to reduce the swelling, since that is what people suggested, but I thought that this might be a good opportunity to try support hosiery first.

I had Energizers Medium Support sheer hosiery next in my lineup of hosiery that I wanted to wear. Therefore, I decided to give that a try first. So far, it does not seem to make a difference. The hosiery seems too loose. I like the way that the hosiery feels snug against my legs, but it does not seem to reduce swelling due to injuries.

I have not given up yet, though. I think that Energizers Medium Support opaque hosiery has much stronger compression, which should do the trick. After I am finished with acting today [Monday], I will probably try the opaque support hosiery.

The only thing is that my own opaque support hosiery is not good for the ankle now, since it had holes in the feet, and since I converted it to footless support hosiery. I have a bunch still in inventory, and I can take a pair of those. It will be nice to have full length medium support opaque hosiery again.

Another option is to use the CanadianLegging.ca firm support hosiery that I sampled. Since it is all ready open, I will probably try that before opening a new pair of medium support opaques.

Have you tried medium support hosiery to remove ankle swelling? If so, then what brand and style? Did it work? What was the cause of the swelling? What about firm support hosiery? Please let me know in the comments below.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment